Learn how to effectively communicate and build professional relationships through face-to-face, written, and non-verbal communication.
Business communication is vital to professional success.
This course, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, will help you unlock the secrets to business success by understanding workplace culture. You’ll learn how to use language and nonverbal communication to convey shared meanings in face-to-face and remote professional relationships.
You will learn techniques to effectively and succinctly articulate your business ideas to a diverse range of audiences to ensure they understand even the most complex concepts.
In this course, there will be a strong focus on business writing, active listening, and communicating your ideas effectively to a particular target audience. We will discuss the impact of assumptions or bias that people may bring to workplace interactions. Learners will apply their knowledge by critiquing real-world business scenarios from the workplace.
Topics will also include:
- Best practices for written communication
- Conducting effective meetings
- Documentation and follow-up techniques
- Best practices for face-to-face, digital, and mediated communication
This course may be audited free of charge. Learners also have the opportunity to earn a verified certificate of completion. Exclusive learning opportunities such as live events hosted by subject matter experts will be available for verified learners.
- How to critically evaluate your role in workplace interactions
- How to employ strategies for active listening
- How to ask questions that move conversations forward
- How to communicate ideas clearly and succinctly
- How to assess needs of clients and colleagues
- Best practices for face-to-face and remote communication
- Effective Listening Skills00:04:04
- Reading Comprehension tips00:02:09
- Writing Skills: The Paragraph00:14:33
- Creative Writing – How I Improved My Writing Skills00:04:56
- How to Write a Perfect Memo00:12:44